Goh Mei Chi, a 46-year-old woman, has been charged with several offences, including two charges of public nuisance, drunkenness in public, and committing a rash act causing hurt, according to a recent report by The Straits Times.
On May 9, 2022, Goh allegedly caused annoyance to patrons by throwing and breaking plates while being drunk at a coffee shop in Pioneer Mall. Less than three weeks later, on May 28, she is accused of talking loudly and attempting to hug patrons and staff at a food court in Gek Poh Shopping Centre.
On August 24, 2022, Goh allegedly shouted and cried near a funeral in Boon Lay Drive, causing annoyance to attendees.
Goh was charged with these offences in January, and on Wednesday, she was handed a fresh charge for a rash act causing hurt. However, details of the charge were not immediately available, according to ST.
Court records show that Goh has applied to the Public Defender’s Office for legal aid, which was established in 2022 by the Ministry of Law to provide criminal defence aid for vulnerable people.
Goh has been offered bail of $15,000, and her case is expected to be heard on April 12. If convicted of public nuisance, she may face a fine of up to $2,000 per charge.
Images for illustration purpose only
- Horrific : Man Who Sexually Assaulted Two-Year-Old Girl in Pre-school, Charged
- NTU Undergraduate Accused of Cannabis Trafficking on Campus, Faces Multiple Drug Charges
- Drum Instructor Sentenced to Jail and Caning for Molesting Underage Student
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh