An unfortunate road accident in Yishun has resulted in the untimely death of an 18-year-old cyclist. The incident took place at the junction of Yishun Avenue 2 and Yishun Ring Road on Wednesday (July 12) evening.
The cyclist, whose identity has not been disclosed, was pronounced dead at the scene by a Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) paramedic.
The authorities were alerted to the accident at approximately 6pm.
Upon arrival, they discovered the victim covered by a blue cloth behind what appeared to be a tour bus.
Distressing photos of the accident have been circulating online, depicting the scene of the incident and SCDF paramedics attending to the bus driver.
In response to the tragic incident, the police have arrested a 37-year-old male bus driver on charges of careless driving causing death. The driver’s identity has not been released at this time. The investigation into the circumstances surrounding the accident is currently ongoing.
The loss of a young life is a heartbreaking tragedy, and the incident serves as a reminder of the importance of road safety.
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh
- Three Teenagers Arrested For Suspected Theft of Lorry From Carpark
- Man Who Sued Woman for S$3 Million for Friend-Zoning, Now Accused of Cheating in Separate Case
- River Valley Murder : Teen Sentenced To 16-years In Jail For Brutal Murder Of 13-year-old Boy