As of now most of us are aware about the Russia-Ukraine war situations. Here’s a quick summary of what happened till now & why is it happening.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin announced military operations in Ukraine, Ukraine’s Ministry confirms the same. Putin warned other countries that any attempt to interfere with the Russian action would lead to “consequences they have never seen in the history”.
- Russian troops launched their attack on Ukraine on Thursday 24 February, they invaded Ukraine by land, air & sea, the biggest attack since world war 2 in Europe.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy confirms 137 people, including 10 military officers have been killed and 316 people injured so far, on Thursday.
- Ukraine confirms that it lost control of the Chernobyl nuclear site. (world’s worst nuclear-power disaster : In April 1986, core explosions and fires broke out at the Chernobyl plant under the control of the Soviet Union)
- President Joe Biden announces new sanctions aiming disruption of Russian economy.
- Missile strike hits on borders of Ukraine on Friday 25.
- Russian military moves in to Ukraine
- Ukrainian military officials say their forces managed to repel against Russian troops.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s statement after attack :
SINGAPORE MINISTRY RESPONDS :
“Singapore is gravely concerned by Russia’s announcement of the start of a “special military operation” in the Donbas region; and reports of land and air attacks on multiple targets in Ukraine on 24 February 2022.
Singapore strongly condemns any unprovoked invasion of a sovereign country under any pretext. We reiterate that the sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of Ukraine must be respected. We hope military actions will cease immediately; and urge a peaceful settlement of the dispute, in accordance with the UN Charter and international law.”
DISTURBING VISUALS AHEAD :
TRIGGER WARNING : DISTURBING VISUALS
- Man stabs roommate for loud snoring and a noisy mobile game, jailed
- Assistant Prof at NUS Charged with Cannabis Consumption & Possession Of Vape Device
- Preschool teacher faces 5 new charges of child abuse at Kinderland preschool
- “Chinese Go Out” : Chinese Visitors Claim Discrimination at Singapore Airshow
- Man in Singapore jailed for slapping 13-year-old boy