A 36-year-old man Yu Xueyao has been arrested & charged by the Singapore Police for his suspected involvement in a series of offenses, including carrying offensive weapons in public places, rash acts, and cruelty to animals.
The arrest follows a disturbing incident that took place on February 11, 2023, in Jurong West Street 61, where a residential kitchen window was damaged, allegedly due to projectiles fired by the suspect, according to Singapore Police Force.
The authorities were alerted to the incident on that fateful day, and subsequent investigations pointed toward the impact of projectiles fired as the cause of the kitchen window’s damage.
Through diligent ground inquiries, officers from the Jurong Police Division managed to ascertain the identity of the suspect and apprehended him along Jurong West Street 61 on April 24, 2023.
During the arrest, law enforcement officers seized a cache of evidence, including an assortment of clay pellets and metal pellets, two catapults, and a metal figure used for target practice.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the suspect allegedly used a catapult containing metal and clay pellets to target a flock of birds in the vicinity of Jurong West Street 61, resulting in one of the pellets causing damage to a residential unit’s kitchen window.
Yu Xueyao, has been charged in the Court today (9/13/2023) after allegedly shooting pellets at birds, leading to damage to a kitchen window of a HDB flat in Jurong West Street 61, CNA reported.
Yu Xueyao faces three distinct charges related to the incident.
According to court records, Yu Xueyao has been charged with the following offenses:
- Animal Cruelty: He is accused of committing acts of cruelty to animals by shooting projectiles at birds with a slingshot.
- Rash Act: Yu Xueyao is charged with endangering the personal safety of others through a rash act. This act involved the use of a slingshot to launch a projectile.
- Possession of Offensive Weapon: The third charge pertains to possessing an offensive weapon, specifically, a slingshot capable of launching projectiles.
The alleged incident took place on February 11, 2023, between 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM. During this time, Yu Xueyao is said to have shot a bird with his slingshot, and the projectile launched caused damage to a second-floor unit’s kitchen window.
The damage incurred is estimated to be valued at around S$250, as per the charge sheet.
In addition to the damage caused to the property, Yu Xueyao is also accused of “cruelly terrifying birds” by shooting projectiles at them with his slingshot.
The case has been adjourned to October 11, 2023, to allow Yu Xueyao time to address the matter of restitution.
Read Trending News
- Singapore Flag-Wearing ‘God’ at Hougang Kopitiam Jailed Two Weeks For Public Nuisance
- Jail Time for Man Who Extorted Grindr Dates Of Money & TV Set
- Woman In SG Admits to Falsely Accusing Colleagues of Rape & Sexual Assault
- Man In Singapore Jailed For Coughing At His Colleagues as a “Joke”
- 15-Year-Old Arrested for Robbing At Tampines Store of Cash & Cigarettes At Knifepoint