A 49-year-old migrant domestic worker has been arrested & charged for the suspected murder of a 73-year-old man.
According to the media reports, the police said that they were alerted to the death at a residential unit along Bishan Street 23 around 8.50pm on Thursday.
Upon arrival, police officers found the man lying motionless in the home.
He was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene.
According to TodayOnline, a neighbour said the man, who was allegedly murdered by a domestic worker, used to work as a taxi driver before he became ill about two years ago.
He had to be pushed around in a wheelchair when he left the house.
“Through follow up investigations, the 49-year-old woman, who is a migrant domestic worker in the deceased’s household, was arrested subsequently,” the police said in a statement.
According to court documents, Sumiyati, an Indonesian who goes by one name, allegedly murdered Mr Low Hoon Cheong on Thursday between 4pm and 8.45pm.
The murder purportedly took place at an eighth floor unit at Block 222 Bishan Street 23, Straits Times Reported.
The police said on Friday that investigations revealed that the maid was employed in the victim’s household.
If convicted, she faces the death penalty.
Images for illustration
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh
- Three Teenagers Arrested For Suspected Theft of Lorry From Carpark
- Man Who Sued Woman for S$3 Million for Friend-Zoning, Now Accused of Cheating in Separate Case
- River Valley Murder : Teen Sentenced To 16-years In Jail For Brutal Murder Of 13-year-old Boy