On Friday, the 17th of March, a 59-year-old man was arrested for allegedly committing murder against his elderly co-tenant in a flat located in Redhill Close.
According to Channel News Asia, at approximately 10.50 am, the police received a report about the incident, and upon arriving at the scene, discovered a lifeless 61-year-old man with multiple wounds inside the unit.
Unfortunately, the victim was pronounced dead on the spot.
The suspect, who was also a tenant in the same unit, was taken into custody immediately by the police. He will be charged with murder on Saturday, a grave offense that carries the death penalty.
The police investigation is still ongoing, and more details are expected to surface.
This unfortunate incident highlights the importance of maintaining peaceful and respectful relationships with those we share living spaces with, to prevent similar tragic events from occurring in the future.
Image for illustration purpose only
- NTU Undergraduate Accused of Cannabis Trafficking on Campus, Faces Multiple Drug Charges
- Drum Instructor Sentenced to Jail and Caning for Molesting Underage Student
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh
- Three Teenagers Arrested For Suspected Theft of Lorry From Carpark