A shocking case has emerged involving a 17-year-old student from a popular school in Singapore, who was charged on Friday with the sexual penetration of a 15-year-old girl and instigating her to bury her dead baby. The identities of the parties involved have been protected by a gag order.
According to court documents, the accused allegedly encouraged the girl, who was 16 at the time, to bury the body in an undisclosed location on June 10, 2021.
The police have refrained from commenting on potential action against the girl due to ongoing court proceedings, according to Straits Times.
The alleged incident of sexual penetration occurred in a Housing Board unit in July 2020, when the boy was 17 and the girl was 15. The accused, who is still studying at the school, has been released on S$15,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear in court again on August 7.
If found guilty, the accused could face severe penalties. Sexual penetration of a minor carries a maximum sentence of up to 20 years’ imprisonment, along with fines or caning. Additionally, abetting the concealment of birth by secretly disposing of a body is punishable by imprisonment for up to two years, fines, or both.
Read Trending News
- Horrific : Man Who Sexually Assaulted Two-Year-Old Girl in Pre-school, Charged
- NTU Undergraduate Accused of Cannabis Trafficking on Campus, Faces Multiple Drug Charges
- Drum Instructor Sentenced to Jail and Caning for Molesting Underage Student
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh