A 15-year-old boy has been arrested for his alleged involvement in an armed robbery at a convenience store in Tampines.
The incident, which occurred on Monday, September 18, around 5:30 am, saw the teenager brandishing a knife and demanding cash and cigarettes from the store’s victim.
According to the police, the alleged incident happened at a convenience store along Tampines Central 8. The young suspect is reported to have demanded the victim to hand over S$827 in cash and S$181.20 worth of cigarettes, with a knife.
“Through ground enquiries and with the aid of police cameras and closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage, officers established the identity of the teenager and he was arrested within 10 hours of the report”, the police added.
Subsequently, the stolen cigarettes and S$30 in cash were recovered.
The teenager is expected to be charged in court tomorrow with the offence of armed robbery.
If found guilty, he could face a jail term of between three to 14 years and at least 12 strokes of the cane.
Recently, the Singapore Police have arrested three 17-year-old teenagers suspected of stealing a motorcycle in Pasir Ris on September 15, 2023.
Read Trending News
- Singapore Flag-Wearing ‘God’ at Hougang Kopitiam Jailed Two Weeks For Public Nuisance
- Jail Time for Man Who Extorted Grindr Dates Of Money & TV Set
- Woman In SG Admits to Falsely Accusing Colleagues of Rape & Sexual Assault
- Man In Singapore Jailed For Coughing At His Colleagues as a “Joke”
- 15-Year-Old Arrested for Robbing At Tampines Store of Cash & Cigarettes At Knifepoint