The Singapore Police have arrested a 57-year-old man for his alleged involvement in a case of outrage of modesty on a public bus.
The incident occurred on 11 April 2023 at approximately 6:56 am along Pasir Ris Drive 1.
According to the press release by Singapore Police Force, a witness saw the man molesting a teenager on the bus and quickly reported the incident to the bus captain. The Police were subsequently notified and officers from Bedok Police Division immediately responded to the incident.
The 57-year-old man was arrested at the scene by the responding officers and will be charged in court on 21 April 2023 with outrage of modesty, which is punishable under Section 354(1) of the Penal Code 1871. The offence carries a maximum sentence of three years imprisonment, a fine, caning, or a combination of such punishments.
In a statement, the Police reiterated their zero-tolerance policy towards sexual offenders who threaten the personal safety of the community. Offenders will be dealt with in accordance with the law.
The Police also urged members of the public to remain vigilant and report any incidents of outrage of modesty to the Police immediately. This will help to ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice and that the safety of the community is maintained.
Image for illustration purpose only
- NTU Undergraduate Accused of Cannabis Trafficking on Campus, Faces Multiple Drug Charges
- Drum Instructor Sentenced to Jail and Caning for Molesting Underage Student
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh
- Three Teenagers Arrested For Suspected Theft of Lorry From Carpark