Two 16-year-old boys were arrested for playing a toy gun prank at a retail store in Yishun on Monday (Apr 17), as per a media release by the police on Tuesday.
The police stated that one of the teenagers approached the cashier counter to purchase an item and then brandished a toy gun at the employee.
The other teenager filmed the entire incident. When the employee screamed, the boys laughed and admitted that the gun was a fake.
The police said they were alerted to the incident along Yishun Street 22 at about 7am on Monday (Apr 17). The police’s initial investigation revealed that the teenagers had planned to use the toy gun to scare the employee for fun.
After being identified through CCTV, the boys were arrested about three hours later.
The authorities seized the toy gun, the clothes the boys wore, and the phone used to film the prank.
The police warned that criminal intimidation, which involves threatening someone with harm to cause them alarm, is punishable by up to ten years in prison and a fine.
The police emphasized that they have zero tolerance for such acts that cause needless fear among the public.
- NTU Undergraduate Accused of Cannabis Trafficking on Campus, Faces Multiple Drug Charges
- Drum Instructor Sentenced to Jail and Caning for Molesting Underage Student
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh
- Three Teenagers Arrested For Suspected Theft of Lorry From Carpark