A fatal accident occurred today in Lentor Avenue, resulting in the death of a 19-year-old motorcyclist. The accident involved an SBS Transit bus and a lorry, leaving the young motorcyclist fatally injured.
According to the police, the accident took place at approximately 1.40 pm (Feb 2), on the section of road headed towards Yio Chu Kang Road. The Singapore Civil Defence Force paramedic declared the victim dead at the scene.
Photographs of the aftermath shared on various online chat groups show a distressing scene.
In pictures circulated online the red motorcycle involved in the collision lay on its side in front of the bus. A blue tent was set up in the middle lane, which had been cordoned off for investigation purposes.
Investigations are currently underway, with a 35-year-old male lorry driver assisting the police with their inquiries according to ST. Further details surrounding the circumstances leading to the accident have yet to be released.
This incident comes as the third fatal accident involving the death of a young individual in last 10 days.
Just a couple of days ago, a four-year-old girl named Zara Mei Orlic lost her life in an accident on January 23rd. Additionally, on Tuesday (January 30th) afternoon, a 12-year-old girl was struck by a van along Yuan Ching Road in Jurong. A 23-year-old male van driver has since been arrested for careless driving leading to death.
- Leong Mun Wai Steps Down as PSP Secretary-General Over POFMA Order
- Singaporean Woman Dies in Go-Karting Accident in Batam, Indonesia
- Former Kinderland educator given conditional warning for child mismanagement ; Kinderland fined $5000
- MOH to introduce $100,000 retention scheme for nurses in public healthcare system
- Singaporean man jailed for pressing bolster onto housemate’s face