A search for a full-time national serviceman (NSF) who went missing while off duty on Pulau Ubin has ended in tragedy.
According to a resident of Pulau Ubin who was interviewed by Zaobao, friends of the missing NSF had approached the Ubin jetty at approximately 7pm on Friday (Apr 14) to seek assistance in locating their friend.
On Sunday afternoon, a body was found in Kekek Quarry in the northern part of the island, and it has since been confirmed to be the missing NSF.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) reported that a body was spotted floating in the water around 1pm on Sunday. Rescue teams, who were conducting a search in the area, quickly retrieved the body.
However, the NSF was pronounced dead by a paramedic shortly after.The NSF, who was an SCDF firefighter at Tampines Fire Station, had gone missing on Saturday.
The SCDF had been called to Kekek Quarry at around 2.10am on Saturday after it was reported that the NSF had gone missing. The rescue team immediately deployed firefighters to conduct a visual search from the shore. Unfortunately, their efforts were in vain, and the NSF remained missing until Sunday’s discovery.
The Singapore Police Force has stated that there is no suspicion of foul play in the case, although investigations are ongoing.
Images from Google Maps
- Horrific : Man Who Sexually Assaulted Two-Year-Old Girl in Pre-school, Charged
- NTU Undergraduate Accused of Cannabis Trafficking on Campus, Faces Multiple Drug Charges
- Drum Instructor Sentenced to Jail and Caning for Molesting Underage Student
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh