A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) regular serviceman was discovered deceased at Changi Naval Base on Monday morning, as confirmed by the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF).
The body of the serviceman was found at approximately 8:50 am, prompting the activation of the Singapore Police Force and Singapore Civil Defence Force. MINDEF has clarified that the serviceman’s demise was unrelated to any training activities, according to CNA report.
In an official news release, MINDEF stated, “Based on preliminary investigations, the police do not suspect foul play. They have classified the case as an unnatural death, and investigations are ongoing.”
Expressing their condolences, both the Ministry of Defence and the SAF are providing support to the serviceman’s family during this difficult time. The exact cause of the serviceman’s death is yet to be determined as authorities continue their investigations.
The SAF, along with relevant agencies, will collaborate closely with the ongoing inquiry to ensure a thorough examination of the circumstances surrounding this tragic incident.
Read Trending News
- NTUSU Presidential Contender Faces Allegations of Replacing Water with Alcohol at Union Gathering
- Singapore Flag-Wearing ‘God’ at Hougang Kopitiam Jailed Two Weeks For Public Nuisance
- Jail Time for Man Who Extorted Grindr Dates Of Money & TV Set
- Woman In SG Admits to Falsely Accusing Colleagues of Rape & Sexual Assault
- Man In Singapore Jailed For Coughing At His Colleagues as a “Joke”