The Singapore Police have arrested five men, aged between 16 and 21, for their suspected involvement in a case of rioting.
According to the press release by SPF, on 24 September 2022 at about 4.45am they received a call for assistance for a fight in the vicinity of Fullerton Road.
When the police arrived at the scene, a 17-year-old victim was found with multiple laceration wounds on his head, arms, shoulders and left knee.
He was conveyed unconscious to the hospital and subsequently regained consciousness. His condition is now stable, the police added.
Through ground enquiries, follow-up investigations and with the aid of images from Police cameras, officers from Central Police Division and the Police Operations Command Centre established the identities of the men involved and arrested them.
On 25 September 2022, four men, aged between 16 and 21, were charged in court with the offence of rioting under Section 147 of the Penal Code 1871.
Another 20-year-old man was arrested on 26 September 2022 for his suspected involvement in the incident.
He will be charged in court on 28 September 2022 for rioting as well.
The offence of rioting carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years and caning. Police investigations are ongoing.
The Police reminded that they will not tolerate brazen acts of violence and blatant disregard for the law.
“We will spare no effort to apprehend such offenders and deal with them in accordance with the law” the police added.
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh
- Three Teenagers Arrested For Suspected Theft of Lorry From Carpark
- Man Who Sued Woman for S$3 Million for Friend-Zoning, Now Accused of Cheating in Separate Case
- River Valley Murder : Teen Sentenced To 16-years In Jail For Brutal Murder Of 13-year-old Boy