A 14-year-old teen was among six suspects who were arrested for their alleged involvement in two car thefts in Jurong and Boon Lay car parks.
The Singapore Police said that they have arrested six men, aged 14 to 32, for their suspected involvement in two cases of theft of motor vehicles.
In a press release, the police said that the incident happened on 15 August 2022, the Police received reports of theft of two cars from the carparks at Jurong West Street 52 and Boon Lay Drive respectively.
Through ground enquiries and with the aid of images from Police cameras and CCTVs, officers from Jurong Police Division, Clementi Police Division, Police Operations Command Centre, Criminal Investigation Department and Police Intelligence Department established the identities of the six men and arrested them on 15 and 16 August 2022.
The two stolen cars were also recovered, said the police
The men will be charged in court on 17 August 2022 and 18 August 2022 with theft of motor vehicles with common intention under Section 379A of the Penal Code 1871.
The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to seven years and a fine.
- Man stabs roommate for loud snoring and a noisy mobile game, jailed
- Assistant Prof at NUS Charged with Cannabis Consumption & Possession Of Vape Device
- Preschool teacher faces 5 new charges of child abuse at Kinderland preschool
- “Chinese Go Out” : Chinese Visitors Claim Discrimination at Singapore Airshow
- Man in Singapore jailed for slapping 13-year-old boy