A 70-year-old woman has become the subject of a police investigation after a video of her racially abusing two men at Our Tampines Hub went viral on social media.
The woman is currently assisting with the investigation into the case of voluntarily causing hurt and intentional harassment, as per the report.
The incident took place last Saturday at 1 Tampines Walk, during a live English Premier League football match between Manchester City and Liverpool. The two men were watching the game near a railing, inadvertently blocking the woman who was sitting on a nearby bench. Out of frustration, the woman allegedly hit both men on their backs and proceeded to verbally abuse them.
A video of the incident, posted on Instagram account “sgfollowsall,” which is now removed, captured the woman shouting expletives and repeatedly using offensive language to refer to the men as “bastard Indians from India.”
Police investigations are currently underway regarding the incident featured in the video where the woman can be heard repeatedly verbally abusing the men with the phrase “bastard Indians from India”.
A security guard later intervened in the second half of the clip.
The police were notified of the incident and are currently conducting investigations. The woman is cooperating with the authorities in relation to the case.
- Man stabs roommate for loud snoring and a noisy mobile game, jailed
- Assistant Prof at NUS Charged with Cannabis Consumption & Possession Of Vape Device
- Preschool teacher faces 5 new charges of child abuse at Kinderland preschool
- “Chinese Go Out” : Chinese Visitors Claim Discrimination at Singapore Airshow
- Man in Singapore jailed for slapping 13-year-old boy