A 26-year-old male has been detained by the police for his suspected involvement in a case of voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapon.
According to the press release, the Police were alerted to a case of assault in the vicinity of Aljunied Road and Lorong 22 Geylang on 11 November 2022 at about 6.30pm.
A 30-year-old man was purportedly attacked by the 26-year-old man, with a pair of scissors. He sustained laceration wounds on his arms and thigh, and was conveyed conscious to the hospital. The 30-year-old man is currently in a stable condition, the police said in a release.
With the help of images from Police cameras and CCTV, officers from Bedok Police Division established the identity of the man and arrested him within three hours of the reported incident, the police added.
The 26-year-old man has been charged in court on 12 November 2022 for the offence of voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapon under Section 324 of the Penal Code 1871.
The offence carries an imprisonment term of up to 7 years, a fine, caning, or a combination of such punishments.
The Police will not tolerate such brazen acts of violence and blatant disregard of the law. We will spare no effort to track down such offenders and will deal with them in accordance with the law.
Images for illustration purpose only
- Man stabs roommate for loud snoring and a noisy mobile game, jailed
- Assistant Prof at NUS Charged with Cannabis Consumption & Possession Of Vape Device
- Preschool teacher faces 5 new charges of child abuse at Kinderland preschool
- “Chinese Go Out” : Chinese Visitors Claim Discrimination at Singapore Airshow
- Man in Singapore jailed for slapping 13-year-old boy