A tragic incident occurred on Thursday night at Cove station, the first station in the Punggol East LRT loop.
A 33-year-old woman was found motionless on the LRT track near the platform and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to The Straits Times.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) received a call for assistance at around 10 pm and responded to the scene.
Preliminary investigations by the police do not suspect any foul play.
As a result of the incident, both the Punggol East and West LRT loops were down, according to a tweet by transport operator SBS Transit at 10.32pm on Thursday.
The transport operator has since provided free regular and bridging services for affected commuters.
The Member of Parliament for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, Ms Yeo Wan Ling, has advised commuters to make alternate travel arrangements.
Photos she shared on Facebook showed a police cordon set up at the LRT station, as well as the presence of an ambulance and fire engine.
Investigations into the incident are ongoing.
SBS Transit is yet to release official statement about the incident.
- NTU Undergraduate Accused of Cannabis Trafficking on Campus, Faces Multiple Drug Charges
- Drum Instructor Sentenced to Jail and Caning for Molesting Underage Student
- Serial Shop Thief Sentenced to Eight Months’ Jail
- Heartbreaking : Three Week Old Infant & Mother Found Dead at The Foot Of HDB Block In Ghim Moh
- Three Teenagers Arrested For Suspected Theft of Lorry From Carpark